Firefox and Thunderbird Aug releases

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Aug 8 21:49:56 UTC 2013

Am 08.08.2013 23:41, schrieb David:
> On 8/8/2013 5:33 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> who cares in context of the official release?
>
>> these are *completly* different binaries with completly different
>> shared libraries and a different compiler, they have *nothing*
>> common with distribution packages
>
> The Linux Firefox 23 that was released by Mozilla on Tuesday works
> just fine with the official Firefox extension that come from Mozilla.
> *If* the is a problem with the rpm that Fedora provides/// Sounds like
> a fedora problem to me.

*nobody* said there is a problem
*because* nobody knows before testing

if you think "if it compiles it works" is they way to go
you never where responsilbe for any IT exepct your private
ones - the packager for a distribution is in doubt responsible
for the userbase and a untested, broken update levaes a bad
taste in the mouth of users which rely that auto-updates
are working and not only untested crap

> I have already gotten a perfectly good explanation. That the release
> is still in update-testing. While other distro have already released
> it to the public. I have to much respect to post names but there are
> three well known names that I currently have installed that do

one of the three i guess is Ubuntu, a piece of crap in my opinion
but hey, if it is your favor why not using it?