installing latex in F19

Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus aradnix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 00:50:24 UTC 2013

Hi:

I have troubles also with latex but in the alst LTS editio of Ubuntu. I
used to install the TeXlive full edition from repositories in Ubuntu and
once in Fedora. But now I see there are a lot of old packages so, sometimes
you can't work as well as you wish with a normal installation.

Last month I was in troubles because of that. My suggestion is to forget
the instalation you did, and instead of that erase thos package. Now you
have two choices:

1. Use this script from the CTAN:  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/
texlive/eitl  and install with this in your PC with Fedora, or if the
scripts are not for you:

2. You can download and burn a DVD or instead of, make a bootable USB
pendrive with the iso image inside and install. This is the iso image:
http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/Images/texlive2013.iso

The result is the same in both cases, and if you are like me and need a lot
of packages because you use the most of them for work, this is maybe the
best way for do it. If you have doubts or are in troubles with this, let us
know it.

Good luck:
Aradnix