installing latex in F19

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Aug 11 01:06:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am not sure what troubles are being referred to here, but I do not
recall having much with LaTeX on Fedora (all the way from 1 to 19).

Nowadays, I do the following after every clean install:

sudo yum install -y a2ps fetchmail alleyoop pymetar libxml2-devel
blueman gvfs-obexftp festival slock xplanet xosview aspell-en
hunspell-en xorg-x11-apps doxygen gtk+-devel gv emacs-ess emacspeak
xdvi compface-devel  R-devel libRmath-devel octave-devel lapack-devel
fftw-devel pidgin ImageMagick libtiff-devel pdftk pdfjam fpm2 ddd
valgrind openssl-perl

(Note that most of these have nothing to do with LaTeX, but are all
packages that I need or pull in dependencies that I need. These include
LaTeX.)

In the new Texlive way of packaging things, one needs to bring in
countless style files (as needed, which is really a good thing) and I
have found that so far these are what have been needed for me:

sudo yum install
texlive-{subfigure,frcursive,was,titlesec,sectsty,biblatex,bbm-macros,subfig,multirow,comment,relsize,arydshln,was,wrapfig,lastpage,endfloat,nonfloat,mathabx,mathabx-type1,sttools,yfonts}

What you need is obtained from the command:

sudo yum provides */whatever.sty

where whatever is the name of the style file you are missing or you
need.

Of course, there is a lot in the first command that will not serve your
purpose or needs so feel free to exclude whatever you have no need for.

HTH,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional