Moving Thunderbird Mail from WindowsXP to Fedora18

linuxnutster at videotron.ca linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Sun Aug 11 23:32:52 UTC 2013

On 08/11/2013 06:54 PM, Jim wrote:
> I have retreved the Thunderbird folder from a crashed WindowsXP and now
> have it on a Fedora 18 /home/user install.
>
> The Fedora install already has Thunderbird installed and New Emails are
> already in Thunderbird, I want import the Emails from the WindowsXP
> Thunderbird in with the existing emails already in Fedora Thunderbird.
>
> How do I do that ??

  There's a profile folder for thunderbird. I believe all you need to do
is copy it to the .thunderbird folder in your home directory. If you're
using something like nautilus or nemo, you'll need to checkmark "show
hidden files"in the "view" section. If .thunderbird isn't showing up
then run it at least once and then copy over the profile directory,
which is usually something.default.