Brasero problem and question.

William Mattison wcmattison at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 20:17:43 UTC 2013

Good afternoon,

I'm using Fedora-18 (updated last Wednesday) on a 64-bit system.  The desktop is Gnome (updated last Wednesday).  This is about Brasero 3.6.1.

After putting together the project, that is, listing all the tracks I want burned onto a music CD, I click the "Burn..." button.  Up comes this message box with the title "Creating Image", it says "Creating image", shows a progress bar, says "Normalizing tracks", and has a "Cancel" button.  This happens regardless whether or not I have a blank CD in the burner.

Question: I do not want volume normalization of the tracks.  If I'm burning a Beethoven symphony from one commercial CD, and a Dvorak symphony from another commercial CD, I surely don't want tracks 1-4 normalized relative to each other; and I surely don't want tracks 5-8 normalized relative to each other; though I in theory *might* want tracks 1-4 normalized relative to tracks 5-8 (or visa-versa) since they come from different commercial CDs.  I did not see any way of disabling the volume normalization.  How do I do that?

Problem: That progress bar shows no progress.  I checked task usage of CPU, and CPU usage of Brasero is negligible.  Even after many minutes, nothing seems to happen.  What am I not doing that I should do, and/or doing that I should not do?

Thank-you in advance for your help.
Bill.