Slow initialization of something during boot

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Aug 15 00:27:48 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 04:55 PM, Frank wrote:
> Only took a minute..but it didn't solve the problem.

Even cutting down the delay is better than nothing.  After moving from
F17 to F19 lightdm had a long delay, both in coming up and in getting to
a responsive desktop after login.  (Only on my laptop, however.)  I got
this idea from fedorafourm.org, although it came from a bugzilla about
F19 being slow coming back from suspend, and just happened to work for me.

Just a wild idea, but do you have any peripherals attached at boot that
might be causing a delay?  If so, see what happens if they're
disconnected until after boot.