More antivirus talk - comodo antivirus for linux

linuxnutster at videotron.ca linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 15 23:46:22 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 10:50 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 08:54 AM, linuxnutster at videotron.ca wrote:

>>> Yes ... I'm using it on my Ubuntu machine, as I used to share thumb
>>> drives with my friends who are using M$ os. obviously I don't need to
>>> protect my Linux machine, I've installed it to test it, it works like
>>> charm and clears virus from drives ??
>>>

>>> Warm Regards
>>>

>> That's what I wanted to know. I actually installed it and it started
>> finding malware in windows backups I made from another machine. Look
>> good so far....
>
> I use ClamAV.  What does Comodo add to the party?  Can anyone do a
> side-by-side review?

I received some phishing scams with executables in attached zip files.
ClamAv didn't find anything wrong, but when I scanned the same zip files
with Kaspersky, it found malware. When I decompressed the zip files Clam
still didn't find anything wrong. I'm going to try comodo on these files
and see...