More antivirus talk - comodo antivirus for linux

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Aug 16 23:21:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 19:46 -0400, linuxnutster at videotron.ca wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 10:50 AM, Steven Stern wrote:

> > I use ClamAV.  What does Comodo add to the party?  Can anyone do a
> > side-by-side review?
> >

> I received some phishing scams with executables in attached zip files.
> ClamAv didn't find anything wrong, but when I scanned the same zip files
> with Kaspersky, it found malware. When I decompressed the zip files Clam
> still didn't find anything wrong. I'm going to try comodo on these files
> and see...
----
of course there can be differences of opinion about what constitutes
malware and not all software will agree on the threshold. That doesn't
make one necessarily better unless you have actually analyzed what
Kaspersky identified as positive and have reason to believe that it is a
genuine threat. Generally, these positives derive from vague java cache
files that probably don't amount to much but of course we can't know
that from this anecdotal report.

Craig

believed to be clean.