Mouse button debouncing

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 14:00:07 UTC 2013

I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse which I'm fairly sure has a hardware
problem. The left button frequently issues two click events in rapid
succession when pressed only once. Is there a way to tell X that two
such events in under some threshold should count as one? I've Googled
and other people have had similar problems (not specifically with this
mouse) but there are no clear answers. I'd rather not have to drop $50
or so on a new BT mouse.

Using KDE 4.10 under Fedora 19, up to date as of today.

poc