Set default video application -

Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Aug 19 14:08:19 UTC 2013

On 19/08/13 07:31, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>   If you prefer a graphical way, just right click the file
> in thunar and update the "open with" field in the properties menu.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -- Suvayu

Yes certainly, that worked! But I expected a box for "always do this,"
there was none. It always defaulted to HandBrake no matter what I did. I
wasn't even sure that it was Thunar since to confuse the issue it is
renamed File Manager. Finally "alacarte" to the rescue where I could
look at the "properties" and then changed the launcher command to
/usr/bin/thunar.

It would seem simpler to fix from the command line if I knew what/where
the pertinent files were.

How xdg-mime would be used to change this is not obvious to me after
reading the man page.

Thanks,

Bob

--