Mouse button debouncing

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Mon Aug 19 20:22:08 UTC 2013

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse which I'm fairly sure has a hardware
> problem. The left button frequently issues two click events in rapid
> succession when pressed only once. Is there a way to tell X that two
> such events in under some threshold should count as one? I've Googled
> and other people have had similar problems (not specifically with this
> mouse) but there are no clear answers. I'd rather not have to drop $50
> or so on a new BT mouse.
>
> Using KDE 4.10 under Fedora 19, up to date as of today.
>
> poc

Interesting.  I have a USB Logitech mouse that I had assumed was
just "clicked out" becuase it's doing the same thing.  Really tired of
doing things like deleting more than one e-mail at a time because the
mouse is sending multiple button action events for what is supposed to be
a single click.  I've also had problems with "drag and drop" type actions
(i.e., both a button down and a button up event appear to be sent even
though I'm holding the button down) so just "fixing" the double click
sensetivity isn't the end of your mouse problem.  Replace or, as per the
other response, repair it (I'd probably burn the house down if I went
after it with a soldering iron so I'll replace mine).

Cheers,
Dave