Mouse button debouncing

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 20 00:54:52 UTC 2013

hi to poc and all respondents of his thread,

On 08/19/2013 06:36 PM, Tim wrote:
<>

> I've resoldered it several times, and that fixes it until the
> next accident.  I just don't see the point in forking out $30 for
> another mouse, that will probably be even worse (the build quality seems
> awful, these days), and still subject to being destroyed by running off
> the work surface.

you all need to do what i did years ago.

i bought a thumb type logitech trackman marble and i have enjoy the critter
and cursoring ever sense then.

beauty of it is it sits where i put it, and i do not have to keep a place
cleared to move it around in.

i convinced several friends to spend the little extra for them and they
have responded with thanks of joy.

the thumb marble later came with a 'scroll wheel' integrated into the
middle button, which saves your thumb from having to scroll cursor and
pages.

logitech now has a palm type marble unit. it has a larger ball in center of
body that works real well.

i own no stock in logitech, but i do wish i had bought some when i bought
my thumbmarble.

i just now re-check site thru my bookmarks and it appears they no longer
supply a thumb marble, [so i had to 'past tense' this post] just the palm
type. i have use such and it works well, but you have to keep your arm
raised or move marble with your fingers.

this is link;

    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/trackballs

if you like idea of thumb over palm, the thumb marbles are being sold
thru ebay. [no stock in them either. :=( ]

hth.

later.

--

peace out.