No sound for really old program

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:56:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

> $ padsp $old-program
>
> Yes, that is exactly the thing I was trying to remember.

Unfortunately, didn't work. Commandline complaint says it can't open the
sound device nor connect to ESD. I have only the foggiest, indistinct
recollection that something called "ESD" had something to do with sound a
long time ago.

Oh well, probably not really worth pursuing. At this point it's probably
easier to just dust off some ancient machine from my garage and install a
suitably old OS, if my real goal is just letting my kid play some old
games. Thanks for the help!

-Alan