gpg-agent

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 03:48:52 UTC 2013

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 05:16:57 PM Raman Gupta wrote:
> On 08/22/2013 04:18 PM, Martin S wrote:
> > As I understand it the file gpg-agent-startup.sh should be placed in
> > /etc/kde/env and made executable for the gpg-agent to start att boot time?
> > Agent is also enabled in the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
> >
> > Running the file manually it starts the agent, but after having booted,
> > the
> > gpg-agent isn't started, so it seems the directory/file isn't read at boot
> > time?
> >
> > Where should that file be place to be run at startup?
> >
> > /Martin S
>
> I would suggest use of "keychain". It will automatically load from
> /etc/profile.d and will handle your gpg agent as well as other agents
> like ssh.

I installed keychain, created a file in profile.d which I tested manually (and
it worked) and then rebooted.

Then
[mskjoldebrand at dragon ~]$ ps aux | grep gpg-agent
mskjold+  1491  0.0  0.0 112644   928 pts/1    S+   05:41   0:00 grep --
color=auto gpg-agent

Hmm gpg-agent isn't there ... still I tried creating a new signed message from
KMail, and it actually works.

Shouldn't gpg-agent show up in ps aux | grep gpg-agent if it's run from
profile.d?

Or have I worked from outdated gpg-docs, and KMail finds gpg anyway (it didn't
before) and wasted everyuones time? =(

/Martin S