Mouse button debouncing

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 23 12:52:20 UTC 2013

greetings one and all,

On 08/21/2013 07:58 AM, g wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 04:00 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
<>
>> Hmm.  I was surprised to see that most of the responses assumed that the
>> problem was in the hardware, since I had assumed that I was just seeing
>> the results of a misconfiguration.
>
> could be that most of us know what we are doing, where some do not. :=)
>
> op poc seems to rather have a 'range roving chopper'
>  than a 'sit and watch dot'.

so you all will have a better understanding, let me "wiki that for you". ;=)

  "range rover chopper", ie, mouse 'roves' desktop 'range' using photo
   'chopper' detectors.

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_%28computing%29

  "sit and watch", ie, mouse 'sits' in one spot on desktop and
   'watches dots' pass by detectors.

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackball

i have a large trackball similar to that show in first photo to right
side of the mouse page and second photo of the trackball page. it was
use in a "Kodak Video Negative Analyzer" to position viewing area in
the viewing monitor which was presented in a positive image.

similar type large trackball mouse has been used with radar track systems
to move 'target' to center of radar monitor screen when showing an enlarged
area around target aircraft and attacking aircraft.

there are other uses as described in links, but above 2 are what i am more
familiar with.

later.

--

peace out.