Mouse button debouncing

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Aug 24 09:46:37 UTC 2013

<snip>

> Hmm.  I was surprised to see that most of the responses assumed that the
> problem was in the hardware, since I had assumed that I was just seeing
> the results of a misconfiguration.  But USB mice are easy to swap and I
> have others.  I now have kmousetool running too, and believe that I have
> selected its waitforwm option, which seemed relevant because windows had
> been maximising and immediately minimising.  Seems more predictable now,
> but time will tell.  Now using an MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 from a
> computer recycling shop :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> John P

Strange: the mouse problem went away with the 'new' mouse and
kmousetool, but I hadn't read the description of kmousetool before I
tried it;  it's intended for use by people who find mouse-clicking
difficult, and it claims to generate a click when the mouse pauses.  I
didn't see this, but anyway it isn't what I want.  I've disabled it, and
so far mouse operation seems ok.  I haven't tried  swapping back to the
original mouse yet.  Too much excitement...