Video is slow

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 25 10:57:03 UTC 2013

I'm using Fedora 19 with the standard Nouveau video driver.
I've noticed that when re positioning gui windows with mouse, movement
is increasingly glunky, jerking in 5-10mm steps in any direction. When
dragging a border of a gui window the mouse moves to almost 100 mm
before edge of the window moves.

I usually have the /home/rails-projects/project directory open, Geany, a
terminal or two and a browser, opera, firefox or chrome. Geany may have
several files open simultaneously.

CPUs run at about 60%. memory, 2gig runs at about 55-80% depending on
what's running. Swap is at nil.
Have a 2 gig Geforce GT8600 video card which is very goo d at 3d Blender
stuff.

I swapped over to Ubuntu 13.04  which uses the Nvidia driver and there
is no problem at all with movement no mater  how many gui windows are
open and operating. Ubuntu is so slow to open I hesitate to use it.
Mind you, lately Fedora 19 is taking sometimes over60 seconds to open.

Is there any fix for the Fedora 19 Nouveau jerky movement?

TIA
Roger