Fedup upgrade from F17

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Aug 25 17:00:34 UTC 2013

On 08/25/2013 06:50 PM, J. R. Westmoreland wrote:
> Good morning
>
> I have a f17 x64 system that I want to upgrade to the latest Fedora. I
> found information indicating that I should use fedup. I have read
> further and gotten conflicting reports and suggestions. The project
> documentation says to use this method but user reports say it doesn’t
> work. Could I get some clarification on this subject?

Quite trivial: There are both experiences. It often works, but it also
sometimes fails. It's just a case of "YMMV".

> Can I actually use fedup to go to f19 from f17?
Technically this could be doable, but AFAICT, Fedora officially only
supports N->N+1 upgrades.

> Do I have to do an
> upgrade through f18?
That's what I would do.

> Is there a good “how to”, step-by-step, on the
> subject for this scenario?
Google is your friend ;)

There are pages on fedoraproject.org on upgrading.

Ralf