Fedup upgrade from F17

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Sun Aug 25 19:27:31 UTC 2013

On 25.08.2013 18:50, J. R. Westmoreland wrote:
> Good morning
>

> I have a f17 x64 system that I want to upgrade to the latest Fedora. I
> found information indicating that I should use fedup. I have read
> further and gotten conflicting reports and suggestions. The project
> documentation says to use this method but user reports say it doesn’t
> work. Could I get some clarification on this subject?

Fedup works fine in most cases. You might get into trouble if you have
massively customized setup with bells and whistles.

> Can I actually use fedup to go to f19 from f17? Do I have to do an
> upgrade through f18? Is there a good “how to”, step-by-step, on the
> subject for this scenario?

Either upgrade release by release or do fresh install from f17 to f18.
Although it might be possible do upgrade from f17 to f19, I don't
recommend it because too much have changed between f17 and f19.

Mateusz Marzantowicz