Fedup upgrade from F17

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Aug 25 19:36:00 UTC 2013

On 08/25/2013 12:27 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> Either upgrade release by release or do fresh install from f17 to f18.
> Although it might be possible do upgrade from f17 to f19, I don't
> recommend it because too much have changed between f17 and f19.

I've done this twice.  My laptop went perfectly.  My desktop hung at
about 60%, requiring me to use the reset button and clean up from a CLI.
  Just remember that you're more likely to hear from people who's
upgrades don't go well than from those who's do.

BTW, one of the reasons I skipped F18 is that there were so many
complaints at fedoraforum.org about failed upgrades.  There seem to be
very few there with F19, suggesting that there aren't as many bugs as
there used to be.