F19: Wireless not working - dhclient not running?

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 27 17:36:52 UTC 2013

On 08/27/2013 10:57 AM, John Horne wrote:
<>

> The wireless adapter hasn't changed, and the same config files
> (wpa_supplicant.conf, ifcfg-wlan0) are being used that worked with F17.
>
> As said, if I run 'ifdown wlan0 && ifup wlan0' then the interface comes
> up. That wouldn't happen if the MAC address was wrong.

obviously, wpa_supplicant is not getting started during startup.

as a workaround until you can come up with answer, at end of start up script,
[and there is/was a personal start up script, do not recall name] try
adding;

    wpa_supplicant -B -d -f (outputfile) -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0
    sleep 10 s
    ifcfg-wland0

if it works, it will save you trouble of entering it yourself and let you
play until you find time to delve into problem more.

read, reread;

    man wpa_supplicant
    man sleep

--