F19: Wireless not working - dhclient not running?

Mihai T. Lazarescu mtlagm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 21:56:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 06:11:35PM +0100, John Horne wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 18:16 +0200, Mihai T. Lazarescu wrote:

> > > The wireless adapter hasn't changed, and the same config files
> > > (wpa_supplicant.conf, ifcfg-wlan0) are being used that worked with F17.
> > >
> > > As said, if I run 'ifdown wlan0 && ifup wlan0' then the interface comes
> > > up. That wouldn't happen if the MAC address was wrong.
> >
> > MAC is stored in system filed (/etc/...) and user files
> > ($HOME/...).  Check the latter.
>
> Why?

Because the F19 fresh installation you made aligns the system
files, not user's.

Even if the MAC did not changed, F19 changed interface names:

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames

Since you preserved the user configuration from F17, that is
set for the "old" interface names.  Thus, your network manager
is not finding the new ones, unless you manually check for
and fix the mismatches.

Mihai