evince

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 22:03:07 UTC 2013

On 12/1/2013 4:53 PM, Garry T. Williams wrote:
> On 12-1-13 13:20:49 David wrote:
>>>
>>> Stop breaking a thread!
>>> Stop top-posting!
>>> Stop spamming us with your address, telephone and fax numbers!
>>
>> Two out of three.
>>
>> 1) He did top post
>> 2) He did include his signature
>>
>> 3) Threading worked for me.
>
> It's an illusion that your client creates due to the settings you have
> chosen.  (His message appears in this thread because the subject is
> the same.  It appears according to sent date and time.  This will
> often create the wrong position in a thread.)  His message doesn't
> contain the necessary headers to do proper threading.  In particular,
> there is no In-Reply-To or References header in his message.  Indeed,
> your message correctly includes these headers, but fails to reference
> his message, Message-ID: <20131201143218.102640 at gmx.com>.  Your own
> client doesn't know Patrick's message is part of this thread.

Hi Gary,

That has been discussed to the ends of the universe. He and several
others and I use the same Mozilla Thunderbird email client. It works for
me and not them. After (limited time and skills here) the only obvious
difference that I can see is that 'they' use the Fedora packaged
Thunderbird and I do not. Does this make a difference? How the heck
would I know? I'm the dummy.  :-)

--

  David