usb disk, in reverse?

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Dec 8 02:12:34 UTC 2013

On 12/07/2013 05:54 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a TV that accepts MP4 content from usb thumb drives.  Instead of a thumb
> drive I want to plug it into one of my box's usb ports that would look to it
> like a thumb drive.
>
> Is this doable?  Solutions?

No. With the exception of USB On-The-Go devices with a Micro-AB receptacle,
the "host" and "target" roles are strictly defined by the connector type,
type A connectors on hosts and type B connectors on targets. Those roles
cannot be changed. A direct host-to-host connection is not possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb#Usability_and_.22upside-down.22_connectors

                 Do NOT delete it.