f20 - gedit

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 19 13:05:49 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 09:02 PM, Edward M wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:07:01 +0200
> Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It uses appmenu in gnome-shell
>>> https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/AppMenu
>>> (just as example), but probably should have some fallback solution
>>> on NONgnome-shell desktops
>>>
>> AppMenu is only used when running under GNOME, when using any other DE
>> it's not used.
>>
>> FWIW, you can get the old behaviour back under GNOME by editing the
>> 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides' key:
>>
>> gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings overrides
>> "{'Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu': <0>}"
>>

>> In some apps like gedit this should make the AppMenu contain only on
>> entry "Quit", and Preferences and About are moved back to their place
>> in the main gedit window.
>
> Confirm
> used dconf-editor instead to set the overrides and now those entries
> appear within gedit.

What did you change?  I just went through all of dconf-editor listed
items and did not recognize anything to change that would turn on
settings/preferences in gedit let alone directly turn off word wrap.

And for Nautilus the same.  How do I switch to trees view from places?

Probably will need to take this to the gnome list.  But there is no
help-about so that I can find out what version of gnome we are running
here to ask about.