F20 in VirtualBox VM

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Sun Dec 22 03:54:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 11:43 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 12/20/2013 11:28 AM, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> > my  question: When creating the new VM in VBox Manager, did you choose
> > the correct version of Fedora? I clicked on "Fedora" and I missed that
> > there was an entry "Fedora (64bit)" ...
> >
> It worked for me when I selected "Red Hat (64 bit)" as the OS type.

Something may be more fundamentally wrong than I thought. I don't see
"64 bit" as a choice anywhere in Vbox Manager. When I look at the
settings for the VM, I can't find anywhere that tells me if it's 32 bit
or 64 bit.

I did check, and the VirtualBox RPM does say it's x86_64. I did get an
F20 VM installed in KVM, but it's so slow that it's worthless.

The host machine is a quad core Haswell (i7) so I believe it has the
necessary hardware virtualization stuff, and it's turned on in the BIOS.

--Greg