Possibly OT --- Adobe flash player; how to get it to run?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 25 21:52:56 UTC 2013

On 26/12/13 10:40, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ... snip ...
>
>    i've started keeping my own fedora 20 HOWTO page, and here's my
> snippet on getting flash to work:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/F20#Flash
>
> i followed the instructions on the linked-to page and it just worked.
> don't forget that you have to completely close firefox and restart it.
>
> rday

Couldn't get to the link indicated above; the wheel of death just spun
and spun.

I did close Firefox and re-start; did it again just to make sure. Same
result.

I am not using Fedora 20.  I am still running the antediluvian Fedora 17
(not having worked up the nerve to upgrade ...).  Could that be the problem?
Do I need to upgrade (to Fedora 18? 19? 20?) before flash will work?  Why?

     cheers,

     Rolf Turner