fedup leaves half done 18 > 19

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sun Dec 29 09:40:24 UTC 2013

On 12/29/2013 04:36 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> It means that the release version is, or should be, 19.  However, I'd
> suggest that you use package-cleanup --dupes and check to see if you
> have duplicate versions of fedora-release-noarch.

You can use 'package-cleanup --cleandupes' to remove any old packages
still there.

After that, use 'yum distro-sync' to get everything as close to a new
f19 install as possible, and also install the missing f19 kernel.

You should also check for *.rpmnew and *.rpmsave files (new or old
configuration files saved), and update the configuration files that need
updates (check with diff what the differences are, if something
significant, update the configuration file)

find / -xdev -name '*.rpmnew' -o -name '*.rpmsave'

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/