System mail (Fedora 20)

Mark C. Allman mcallman at allmanpc.com
Sun Dec 29 15:04:59 UTC 2013

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM
Founder, See How You Ski, www.seehowyouski.com
Sr. Project Manager, Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.,
www.allmanpc.com
617-947-4263, Twitter:  @allmanpc

Follow allmanpc on Twitter View Mark Allman, PMP, CSM's profile on
LinkedIn

On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 13:39 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:30:29 +0100
> "Lars E. Pettersson" <lars at homer.se> wrote:
>
> > On 12/29/2013 01:24 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > > As I stated mailx allows me to read system-mail in claws-mail.
> >
> > Have you changed anything in the mailx setup? /etc/mail.rc ?
> >
> > As far as I can tell I can only get system mail when using an MTA,
> > mailx without any changes seem to do nothing here.
> >
> > Lars
>
> The only thing I've changed is set nohold
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank
> www.frankly3d.com

In the file /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf on a fresh
install of Fedora 20 I see this line:

    mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

Just curious:  did everyone go into /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf and override
this and what did you set it to?  Although I don't recall anything in the release
notes about logwatch being replaced by something maybe there's a new package that
replaced it (and therefore one less need for sendmail).