Reverse E-Mail Blockage.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 04:08:58 UTC 2013

On 12/29/2013 10:53 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/29/2013 07:37 PM, Tim wrote:
>> In the past, I've emailed friends, and my first or second posting has
>> gone into their spam bucket, without them doing anything about it.
>
> I have a friend who's email service sporadically bounces my email.
> Why?  Because I own my own domain, I use my hosting company's email
> servers instead of my ISP's and a small number of their customers are
> spammers.  Whenever their spam gets above a certain threshold, her ISP
> blocks any email access from those servers, and cuts us off.  This is
> why I dislike blacklists: they're just about guaranteed to produce at
> least 99% false positives because they're just an exercise in throwing
> the baby out with the bath water.

Well this is all fascinating to me. I'm not using a mail server, just
trying to keep the size of my Inbox down, since the more spam it gets
the fatter it gets as well....I will be looking into all possibilities
regarding this matter. I can now see that the "Allow In Just what I want
& Block All Others" is the more sensible way to go about it...instead of
trying to block what seems like millions of different email addresses
that sometimes have the same email in it.!!

EGO II