CentOS HowTos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 30 15:11:56 UTC 2013

> On 12/30/2013 08:42 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> The document <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos> says
>> "This page contains some longer HowTos
>> for achieving different tasks on CentOS systems".
>> Unfortunately, the document consists of a single page,
>> and does not seem to contain any links to the HowTos it refers to.
>> I'm looking in particular for the HowTo on E-Mail.
>>
>> (I'm looking for advice on the best way to filter out spam email
>> already marked as such by SpamAssassin, called by amavis.
>> I assume there must be a standard way of doing this,
>> but have been unable to find it in the documentation I have looked at,
>> eg <<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>.)
>>
> I have a system that I have built, but not put in production that has
> a full:
>
> Centos/Postfix/MySQL(virtualdomains)/Postfixadmin/spamassasin/amavisd/roundcube

Oh, I left out that Dovecot is part of the mix.  And I found my notes on
amavisd:

You need to edit /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

$mydomain = 'example.com';                  # Edit: a convenient default
for other settings
$helpers_home = "$MYHOME/var";              # Uncomment: working
directory for SpamAssassin, -S
$myhostname = 'mail.example.com';           # Uncomment & Edit: must be
a fully-qualified domain name!

     $log_level = 1; # set the log level to one
     $sa_tag_level_deflt = -999; # i want to see the headers so change
to -99
     $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5.0; # start with 5
     $sa_kill_level_deflt = 9; # change to 9
     $sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 9; # change to 9
     $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 50; # remove the starting # and
change to 50
     $notify_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025'; # uncomment the line
     $forward_method = 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025'; # uncomment the line
     $final_banned_destiny = D_BOUNCE; # change to D_DISCARD
     $final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS; #
http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/amavisd-settings.html