Updated to 19; now kernel panic on boot. No log

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Dec 30 23:39:10 UTC 2013

On Dec 30, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Sean Darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly, it's a real kernel panic. Everything stops. I can't even reboot. It's a good thing there's a power cord!
>
> I'll copy what's on the screen, and submit it as a bug report. Maybe someone smarter than I am can figure out what actually caused it.

It's better and easier to take a photo, cell phone JPG is fine. Also include the results from lspci -nnvv (using the working kernel).

> Looking at the FC18 kernel, it seems to happen about when the serial driver is initialized. Is there a way to disable the serial driver? I tried serial=0 on the kernel command line. That didn't seem to work.

With the F18 kernel successfully booted, use lspci -nnvv to find the kernel being loaded for serial support and then blacklist it on kernel command line when attempting to boot the F19 kernel that's giving you problems.

Chris Murphy