F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 02:27:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:46:07 +0100
Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was under the same impression, hence my original thread:
>
>   <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/443441.html>
>
> However I was told (by Frank) that it is possible using mailx.
>
>   <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/444265.html>
>   <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2013-December/444304.html>
>
> So now I'm completely lost as to what is possible and what is not.
> For now I have sendmail installed, but if possible I would like to
> remove that (at least on my laptop).
>
> Hope that makes sense.  And thanks for any explanations.
>
> Cheers,

Apology for delay in  answering, away from PC. Saw new thread. Answered
here?

With "Claws-Mail" it saves as numbered individual plain text files,
mailx will create a dead.letter plain text file for mail it cannot be
sent.

sudo crontab -e
*/5 * * * * /usr/././system_mail
cat system_mail
mv ~/dead.letter ~/Mail/inbox/Local/2 (root is 3)
That't the short of it.

Set up works for my needs.

--
Regards,