Writing Music to a DVD instead of CD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 2 12:32:06 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 01 February 2013, Jim sent:
> How can I write  a Music format to a DVD instead of CD .
>
> I have to many Songs to write a CD.
>
> Can K3B or Brasero  do the job

Do you want a disc full of audio files (ogg, mp3, wav, etc.), that will
be played on a computer?  You can do that with just about any DVD
burning software.  However, it might only be playable on a computer.
While some DVD players can play a CD full of MP3s, like a jukebox, many
of them examine the type of disc as it loads up, and will only try to
play DVDs as video DVDs.

Do you want an audio DVD that will play on a special DVD-AUDIO player?
It's a special format, and not all DVD players support it.  You'd need
to burn such discs in a special way.  I've never tried that, I don't
have a player that can handle it.

Do you want a video DVD that will play on ordinary DVD players, the same
as any other DVD would play?  In this case, you need to convert your
original audio files into the file types used on a DVD.  Whether that's
done before hand, then compiled into a DVD; or the burning software
takes any file as an input, and converts it, would depend on the
software that you use.  Some software can create slide-show discs from a
list of JPEGs and audio files.  While usually concentrating on showing
you the pictures with some music in the background, you could do it the
other way around.

If you're hoping to burn a DVD as if it were very large audio CD and
have it play on an audio CD player, that isn't going to work.  They
can't read DVD discs, they're physically different, at the microscopic
level.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.11-5.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 8 21:40:51 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.