using different ssh port in firewalld

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed Feb 6 17:25:51 UTC 2013

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that I had already done steps 1,
2 and 3 (which is something I also always do).

It is only with firewalld that I have this problem. So, how do I handle
this firewalld? iptables works fine, but needs a restart upon every
reboot in F18.

Ranjan

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:12:45 -0500 Robert Moskowitz
<rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 02/06/2013 11:54 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was trying to get a different ssh port using my firewall-config: I
> > try the following:
>
> I always move my SSHD port in 3 steps:
>
> Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to point to the new port
> Add the port to firewall
> fix selinux:  semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp nnn
>          where nnn is the port number.
>
> And it works.
>

> > sudo firewall-config
> >
> > go in there and in the public, under services, I get ssh checked. I
> > presume that is good.
> >
> > Then I go to ports, add in my port number, and put tcp as the protocol.
> >
> > Then I go out, start firewalld, get no messages. But I can not ssh in
> > with a different port. (iptables service has no problems with this).
> >
> > What should I be doing to get this working correctly?
> >
> > Many thanks for any advice,
> > Ranjan
> >

> --
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional
e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.