F18...Firefox is crazy about passwords

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 13:10:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 12:10 +0100, antonio wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
> 09/02/2013 00:09:
> > On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 23:05 +0100, antonio wrote:
> >> Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
> >> 08/02/2013 23:02:

> >> keyboard map is o.k, I am using Firefox 18.0.2, and I am experiencing
> >> same problems also in Windows!!!
> >
> > So it's unlikely to be the password store (unless you use an online one
> > like LastPass). What about other browsers (Chrome etc.)?
> >
> > Try a different machine to make sure your passwords haven't been changed
> > (e.g. by an intruder).
> >
> > Try the same keyboard on a different machine if possible. Could be a kb
> > hardware problem.
> >
> > poc
> >
> tested from another computer and also with different OS. Same results,
> some sites cannot be accessed and I get strange behaviour from sites,
> i.e. password is not read. Tried with Firefox, Seamonkey and Epiphany.

When you say "password is not read" I assume you mean it isn't
recognized. I'm afraid the weight of evidence is that your accounts have
been hacked (it's not 100% certain because you may have mistyped a
password the last time you changed it, perhaps because of a broken or
misconfigured keyboard at that time).

Try the password recovery method most sites support, but from a
different network and computer, preferably one you haven't used before.
Even this may not work if the intruder has changed the default email
address for recovery.

poc