F18...Firefox is crazy about passwords

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Sat Feb 9 16:41:04 UTC 2013

Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
09/02/2013 17:18:
> On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 15:24 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> Reindl Harald ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 09/02/2013
>> 13:52:

>>> so pull your router from the internet and start thinking when
>>> he got the last firmware-update, theer are currently bad news
>>> for many of this homuser-toys out there since weeks
>>>

>>    You got it: it seems that latest firmware for my router (that is not a
>> toy, but a X3000 from Cisco) causes this kind of problems -- I read in
>> the Cisco support forum a couple of hours ago, I was busy to flash an
>> old firmware (The firmware that I installed had been retired from Cisco!!)
>> I think that the issue has been resolved, fortunately I had another
>> router that didn't cause these troubles.
>
> Glad it turned out to be (relatively) simple. Is the issue with security
> of these routers or some other problem? A reference would be useful.
>
> poc

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Cable-and-DSL/LinkSys-X3000-All-browsers-redirect-illegally/td-p/605406

I got in this post accidentally: not sure if I had the same problem, but
I saw that my firmware (10.0.4) was buggy, so I downgraded to 10.0.3.
Please note that 10.0.4 included the IPv6 support that is not included
in 10.0.3.
Hope that can help

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F18(Spherical Cow) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com