Custom Partition Fedora 18

jonc jonc at downfromthetrees.com
Tue Feb 19 03:47:32 UTC 2013

On 02/18/2013 09:17 PM, David wrote:
> Some stayed here. With Fedora. I did, Some changed changed their DE.

I moved to Fedora from several months with CentOS as a desktop.
Eventually I wanted to do things its ageing core doesn't want to do. I'd
tried every version of Gnome 3 since its release and been seriously
annoyed. Not because it wasn't Gnome 2, but just because I don't like
needing to throw my mouse all over the screen and I don't agree with
their assumptions about keyboard use.  F18's Gnome Shell works for me,
and rather well, only because a few extensions have matured enough to
eliminate most of my annoyances. If I had to use a default Gnome Shell,
I would not.

I grew up in Linux with Slackware, for several versions over the years
from 3, I think, to 12.  Plus Red Hat, Suse, etc. Also played with early
and current versions of Ubuntu, plus Mint.    Debian is not my style.

Display quality, font rendering, and on-screen responsiveness are more
important to me than a DE.  Those qualities are more important to me
than the DE's design. (After all, they're all more alike than
different:  Click on icon, stuff happens.)