Custom Partition Fedora 18

jonc jonc at downfromthetrees.com
Tue Feb 19 13:53:31 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 08:26 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> How many other current distributions not based on Fedora actually use
> Gnome 3? I haven't checked because I have no interest in using Gnome
> 3, but it might be an interesting thing to look into before drawing
> any conclusions.

That I can think of?  OpenSuse, Debian, Arch, Mageia, Sabayon, ROSA...

I believe Gnome has traditionally been a pain to build which probably
has limited its use in distributions.  I know that's why Slackware
dropped it several years ago.

Since it's Gnome Shell, not Gnome 3, that annoys people, there are, of
course, many variations building on the Gnome 3 architecture, beginning
with Ubuntu.