FC18 Installer is Garbage

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:39:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:28:36 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> After a month of asking how to get dual boot working, on this list, another
> support list, in chat rooms, I have not had ONE SINGLE PERSON tell me that they
> installed FC18 and it found their other OS installs on that system, much less
> offered a hint how to get the other OS booted. I sadly conclude that Fedora has
> followed the Windows route and doesn't recognize other OS.
>
> Tried with XP, or Win7, or BSD, or FC17, all having their own partition(s). None
> worked, none were recognized, pasting grub2 stanzas from previous working OS
> failed to boot completely.

Can't confirm such issues. F18 hasn't stopped me from multi-booting (although
the primary bootloader is from F19 Rawhide meanwhile). F18 has recognized other
installations, it has added them to the boot menu, and where package "os-prober"
doesn't do what I like, I've added chain-loading entries to /etc/grub.d/40_custom.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.7.2-204.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.14 0.27