Custom Partition Fedora 18

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 21 16:17:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 11:12 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Back in the early days, programmers spent the time and effort to
> optimize their code because time is money and RAM was expensive.

And not there...  On many personal computers, the limit to what you
could put into the computer could be quite low.  Even on fairly recent
ones.  I was given a 3 GHz 64 bit box that you can only put two one gig
memory sticks in.  A very short sighted design.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.