Something went wrong.....

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:57:22 UTC 2013

Joe Zeff ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 11/12/2012 22:19:
> On 12/11/2012 01:07 PM, antonio wrote:
>>>
>> I have a doubt on this subject....if the error is before login, where
>> shall I get the .xsession-errors file???
>
> A new version of the file is created when you start an X session, but it
> isn't deleted when you log out.  Thus, if you log into a text console
> before starting X, you'll still have the list of errors from your last
> GUI session and that may have the info you need.  If you prefer not to
> examine it in text mode, use this to change the name before going back
> to your regular login screen:
>
> mv .xsession-errors errors.txt
>
> This will not only keep it from being overwritten, it will change it
> from a hidden file to a regular one, making it easier to to find in your
> file manager.

I had experienced this problem this morning after a month!!! but as it
happens before any login, let's say when boot procedure is completed but
before the login window, what shall I do to complete the debug?? (or
shall i wait F18 to make a clean install??)

Tnx for help again

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F17 (Beefy Miracle) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com