Fedora 18: Install with LVM on RAID 1

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jan 12 13:06:16 UTC 2013

Am 12.01.2013 02:06, schrieb David:
> On 1/11/2013 4:27 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> I am still not sure that I understand exactly what your problem with
>>> Fedora 18 is but I do know that much changed. A never ending learning
>>> curve.
>>
>> * you buy new hardware
>> * you buy expensive hardware with a large amount of disks
>> * you want RAID/LVM on this new machine
>> * you buy expensive hardware because you plan to run it 5 years
>> * you want RAID/LVM because you plan never install from scratch
>>
>> you simply can not do this by inserting a F18 install DVD without
>> RTFM about kickstart because the new Anaconda is not GA ready
>
> Hmmm.... I have read that Anaconda had problems this time. And, all due
> respects to the Anaconda team, as I understand it, there are some
> problems.

Anaconda is a problem itself since years in the context of disklayout

> Sorry, truly sorry, for your problems.

WTF - i explain you why anaconda is broken without having any
problem currently because there is no hardware older than
2 years and so no machine will see F18 setup DVD ever

but that does not change the fact it is broken

> But. I would think that someone as knowledgeable as you actually should
> have RTFM to install Fedora on such fine, expensive hardware.

*lol* ah that is the improvement of Fedora 18

knowledgeable people which have installed hundrets of fedora setups
without reading any manual at all now need RTFM - laughable

> Perhaps even RTFM *before* buying that
> fine, expensive hardware.

WTF are you babble here?

we are speaking here about LINUX SOFTWARE RAID / LVM
this exists since virtualyl forever
thos could have been used in the installer virtually forever