Replacing a messd up 18 with live install...fail

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 16 16:42:30 UTC 2013

On 15/01/13 09:38 PM, Fedora User wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 20:43 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:
>>
>> I already have an 18 installation which is somewhat messed up because at
>> one point I had rawhide repos in my list. Repairs have been unsucessful.
>>
> I am assuming that you have a broken 18 install that you can still boot
> to a log-in screen.
>
> I had the same problem with rawhide packages that I was testing. I was
> able to fix everything in a failsafe session. Once "yum check" was good,
> I was able to install everything without a problem.
>
> You might want to check yum grouplist and see what is says is
> installed.

   Now, been there..done that. I reinstalled most of the groups I had
including the basic x system. No joy. It now appears the mesa drivers in
18 will not run on my  (ancient - Intel 865B MB) machine. There have
been a bug or two reported but it seems that attitude is " buy a newer
machine" :)
Ah well.. back to 17 I guess.

--
--Cheers--