Replacing a messd up 18 with live install...fail

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 16 03:10:41 UTC 2013

On 15/01/13 09:38 PM, Fedora User wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 20:43 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:
>>
>> I already have an 18 installation which is somewhat messed up because at
>> one point I had rawhide repos in my list. Repairs have been unsucessful.
>>
> I am assuming that you have a broken 18 install that you can still boot
> to a log-in screen.

    Well broken to the extent that gthumbs and gxine won't run..gthumbs
gives me a glx something error..and gxine segfaults. But I can still
boot into it.

> I had the same problem with rawhide packages that I was testing. I was
> able to fix everything in a failsafe session. Once "yum check" was good,
> I was able to install everything without a problem.

   OK

> You might want to check yum grouplist and see what is says is
> installed.

   I'll have a look - part of my problem now is I not notall that
familiar with Yum, having come from Debian where Apt was second-nature
to me. Takes time.
Thanks
--
--Cheers--