F18, Gnome: displays failing to span

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Fri Jan 18 10:39:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:53:50PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> I have a new laptop that I've just installed F18 on. I've plugged an
> external VGA monitor in, and used System Settings / Displays to
> position the external screen above the laptop screen. This works as far as
> the mouse is concerned: I can move the cursor above the top of the laptop
> LCD and it appears near the bottom of the external LCD. However, I can't
> open any windows in, or move any windows to the top external LCD.

Just a quick update: if I align the external screen to the side of, or
below the laptop screen, everything works fine. It's only if its above the
laptop screen that I can't move windows into it. So it smells like a bug.
Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

--
In the 70's we wore flares because we didn't know any better.
What possible excuse does the current generation have?