Installer inadequacies

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 22:11:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 19.01.2013 22:50, schrieb Paolo Galtieri:
>> I think I'll stay on F14
>
> strange logic
>
> you stay on F14 because you do not like the F18 installer?
> WTF - and you did not notice F15,F16,F17 all the time?
>
> F14 does even not work on Sandy Bridge machines from
> 2011 because the network card is not supported and
> the intel graphcis is also unuseable
>
> so the question remains why you stay on a from SECURITY
> POINT OF VIEW unacceptable F14 instead install CentOS 6.3
> which get security updates because what you are saying is
> in short "fedora is not for me" so do not use it!
>
> it is also not a problem install F17 and upgrade it
> done on 4 physical and 5 virtual setups this week

I installed F17 before xmas not realising that F18 hadn't been
released. I thought F17 was good and have just been considering
switching to Fedora as my distro.... now i'm beginning to wonder. It
seems to me that both the 6 month release distros are keen to put out
a release despite problems they may have encountered in development.
Seems to me that the best release cycle is an annual one... six months
is just not long enough to do all the development.

james