desktop choice on Fedora 17 (was Re: A Look at Fedora 18)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 20 16:59:41 UTC 2013

are YOU aware that your mail-client is broken if it
can not handle multi-mime messages with inline GPG?

i have forwarded his message at bottom

Am 20.01.2013 01:25, schrieb Lailah:

> Are you aware that your mails are totally ciphered so we can't read them?
>
> El sáb, 19-01-2013 a las 14:46 +0200, Mika Suomalainen escribió:
>> 	Error al verificar la firma: Falló al ejecutar gpg.

>> LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQR1AgU0lHTkVEIE1FU1NBR0UtLS0tLQpIYXNoOiBTSEE1MTIKCk9uIDE4LjAx
>> LjIwMTMgMjM6MDIsIFRpbSB3cm90ZToKPiAKPiBBbGxlZ2VkbHksIG9uIG9yIGFib3V0IDE4IEph
>> bnVhcnkgMjAxMywgRGF2aWQgc2VudDoKPj4+IFlvdSB3aWxsIG5vdCBiZSBvZmZlcmVkIGEgY2hv
>> aWNlIG9mIGRlc2t0b3BzIHVubGVzcyB5b3UgaGF2ZQo+Pj4gbW9yZSB0aGFuIG9uZSBpbnN0YWxs
>> ZWQuIEZyb20gdGhlIHdheSB5b3UgZGVzY3JpYmUgd2hhdCB5b3UKPj4+IGhhdmUgZG9uZSB5b3Ug
>> ZG8gbm90IGhhdmUgdGhlIE1hdGUgZGVza3RvcCBpbnN0YWxsZWQuIEp1c3QgYQo+Pj4gZmV3IHBp
>> ZWNlcyBvZiBpdC4gTG9vayBoZXJlLgo+Pj4gCj4

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: desktop choice on Fedora 17 (was Re: A Look at Fedora 18)
Datum: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:46:43 +0200
Von: Mika Suomalainen <mkaysi at outlook.com>
Antwort an: Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
An: users at lists.fedoraproject.org

On 18.01.2013 23:02, Tim wrote:

> Allegedly, on or about 18 January 2013, David sent:
>>> You will not be offered a choice of desktops unless you have
>>> more than one installed. From the way you describe what you
>>> have done you do not have the Mate desktop installed. Just a
>>> few pieces of it. Look here.
>>>
>>> yum grouplist
> Installed Groups:
<...>
> Available Groups:
<...>
> Done
>
> No sign of Mate, in either list.  Nonetheless, I tried the
> following:
>
>>> yum groupinstall "Mate Desktop"  (note the quote marks)
> And got the response I expected:
>
> Warning: Group Mate Desktop does not exist. No packages in any
> requested group available to install or update

There is group for MATE, but for some reason it's hidden group. Try
running "yum grouplist hidden" to see it. You can install it with
command "yum groupinstall MATE".

> By the way, lots of mirrors seem to be non-responsive, this
> morning.  It took quite some time for either command line to
> complete.

I recommend installing "yum-plugin-fastestmirror" and changing the
maxhostfileage from 10 to 1 in
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf . With that configuration it
checks what is fastest mirror daily and uses it and even tells you
what mirror it's using.

- --
Mika Suomalainen
http://mkaysi.github.com/