fedora-upgrade from F17->F18 (mostly successful, but some issues)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 21 18:59:04 UTC 2013

Am 21.01.2013 19:53, schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> In my mind, the biggest issue with F18 is the installer which has been
> commented on, and which puts things like disk partitioning under the
> rug. Perhaps the goal is to mimic other popular (by ways of mob vote)
> OS's, but some of us have never used anything other than a unix/linux
> system and these users should not have to pay the price for not
> expecting to use days of agony to upgrade a system, as I happily note my
> friends in these other OS-worlds do.

exactly THAT is the point

linux must not imitate window sor macosx
linux was and should continue to be IT'S OWN operating system

if someone like the windows way -> go and use it
if someone like the macosx way -> go and use it

but for people which switched long ago from windows to
linux because the wanted a DIFFERENT OS it is a spit in
the face that more and more windows paradigm is coming in