a list of Fedora 18 package names?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:04:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:49:10 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> >> But 19 messages after the original post, I´m still answering why I
> >> want to obtain such list, instead of saying ´thank you´ to whoever
> >> might have provided it.
> >
> > I thought you got multiple reasonable answers (using yum or repoquery) already.
>
> It seems, based on his last message, that he doesn't have a working system to implement the suggestions.  He said: "I´m stuck in the meantime with a netbook running winblows."

The first messages said "I'm running F17". And when the first helpful
replies had come in after 15-18 minutes already, those have not been
commented on. That would have been the opportunity to tell that there is
no working Fedora installation available. Anyway, parts of the thread are
ridiculous. It's obvious that people question the usefulness of sharing
the output of "rpm -qa" if that only shows a fraction of what's available
in Fedora's Package Collection.

--
Fedora release 19 (Rawhide) - Linux 3.8.0-0.rc4.git1.1.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.01 0.08 0.14